Dor chemicals is the leading supplier of Methanol in Israel, with 40 years' experience in the field. Dor owns a fleet of Methanol dedicated road tankers to supply methanol to our customers for use in a wide range of applications, including:
- Solvents - Pharma API, preservative solutions and others
- Raw materials - to make Formaldehyde, Hydrogen, MTBE, Dimethyl ether (DME) and others
- Chemical in transesterification of triglycerides - to make Bio-Diesel
- Clean energy source - burning methanol in engines, steam boilers, gas turbines etc.
Methanol is colorless liquid alcohol. Its basic use is as raw material in most of the chemical and fuel industries. Methanol is composed of Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon. Half of its mass is Oxygen, which reduces dramatically the greenhouse gasses generated once burning Methanol, compared to all the other fuels, especially fossil fuels.
Methanol can be provided in several grades:
Main fields of application:
- Fuel for steam boilers, Power stations, Industrial boilers
- Fuel for diesel generators