High Purity MTBE is a non-chlorinated process solvent with excellent solvating properties for a wide variety of compounds, including unsaturated hydrocarbons and steroids. It is highly miscibile with most organic solvents.
HP MTBE replaces methylene chloride, diethyl ether, tetrahydrofuran Earomatics and other solvents. HP MTBE is used in ﬁne chemical processes, Including: pharmaceutical, agricultural, cosmetic and food.
- Premium quality, High Purity of 99.9% ensures product quality and process consistency.
- Low water solubility; Ensures easy and efﬁcient solvent recovery.
- Stablility under acidic conditions; Makes HP MTBE preferred solvent in acid-base reactions or extractions.
- Safe. Easily meets environmental and safety regulations. Resists formation of dangerous peroxides without adding inhibitors needed in diethyl ether and other common ether solvents.
- Storage. Shipping and handling is safer than methylene chloride, Diethl ether and other solvents due to oxidative stability, low toxicity , and low volatility.
HP MTBE is extremely versatile and is suitable for a wide variety of applications:
- Grignard synthesis
- Solvent for chromatographic techniques
- Anionic and cationic polymerization solvent